How to Refill a Vape
If you’re new to vaping, you might be wondering how to refill a vape. Don’t worry – we’ve all been there!
After purchasing your e-cigarette, with all that delicious flavour waiting to be enjoyed you’re no doubt dying to get started! But after opening up the box and taking out your e-cig, you’re now wondering how to get your e-liquid into your device so you can start vaping.
While you might feel a tad silly, this is actually a very common problem and one most of us vapers have faced at one time or another. And while it can be frustrating, there’s no need to worry as you’ve come to the right place with our helpful guide to refilling your vape.
Here we’ll explain how to refill a vape device, and after a short read you should be on the road to vaping those delicious flavours in no time at all!
Refilling Your Vape – What Tank Are You Using?
As you’re probably aware, the e-liquid goes inside the tank. For complete beginners still getting to grips with the components of their device, the tank is the cylindrical thing that’s made of either glass or plastic!
Often, when newbies make a first attempt at filling up their device they think the e-liquid goes into the hole in the middle of the coil head. Located in the centre of your tank, this is known as the “chimney” and you should never insert any vape juice here as it’ll flood and potentially damage your device.
In order to get your e-liquid safely inside your tank, you’ll need to find the hole for filling your device but first let’s take you through each step of the process to make sure you get everything right.
How to Refill a Vape Step-By-Step
To fill your vape device properly, follow these simple steps.
- Start by separating the tank from the mod. To do this, remove the mouthpiece and then screw the tank off the mod which will completely detach it from the rest of your device.
- Next you need to remove your coil. Do this by either screwing off the base and pushing it down, or if it’s a bottom-fill tank you’ll need to push it up instead.
- Add a few drops of e-liquid to prime your coil, which will improve flavour when you taste your first hits!
- Now it’s time to fill your tank. To do this you’ll need to locate the refill hole. This can vary from tank to tank but it’ll either be on the top, bottom or side of the tank. What can confuse people is this hole for filling up the device is often located beneath a rubber seal.
- Once you’ve found the rubber seal, peel it back carefully and you should see the hole for filling up your tank. Place the nozzle of your e-liquid bottle into the hole and gently squeeze, until the tank is around half full.
- Once you’ve filled up your device, put everything back together.
- After a few minutes, you’re ready to vape!
Remember to stop filling your tank before the e-liquid reaches the top. The reason for this is that filling it up too much could result in e-liquid entering the chimney, which can cause damage to your device, along with leakage, gurgling and spitting which are never ideal!
And that’s all there is to it! Hopefully now you’ll have a good understanding of how to refill a vape. If you’re just getting started, chances are you’re also unfamiliar with the ins and outs of cleaning your kit. If so, check out our post on how to clean vape kit (add link) which should have all the info you need!
Also, if you’re in search of some great-tasting, premium-quality vape juices at rock-bottom prices, head over to our e-liquid page!