Important Info for Anyone Considering Nicotine-Free Vaping
Is nicotine-free vaping addictive? It’s a question we get asked from time to time, so we thought it was time to set the record straight once and for all!
E-cigarettes have become an increasingly popular stop-smoking aid in recent years, with more and more people replacing conventional cigarettes with an electronic alternative.
It’s easy to see why vaping has been such a roaring success – e-cigs allow vapers to avoid the myriad of health issues associated with smoking, while the nicotine found in e-liquid helps to keep those pesky cravings at bay.
Most beginners start off on a high-strength e-liquid before slowly tapering off once their cravings become less intense. But what happens when you reduce your nicotine strength right down to zero? Is nicotine-free vaping addictive or will your cravings subside?
What if you’ve never smoked in the first place and you’re just interested in vaping due to the abundance of delicious flavours available?
These are important questions for anyone interested in nicotine-free vaping, so to help you make an informed decision we thought we’d put together this useful guide.
Is Nicotine-Free Vaping Addictive?
First let’s start by answering the most important question: is nicotine-free vaping addictive? The short answer is no, vaping a nicotine-free e-liquid is not addictive. When it comes to vaping, aside from the nicotine found in the e-liquid, nothing else is addictive so without it you won’t experience any cravings.
Regular consumption of nicotine is what leads to the user becoming addicted. If the nicotine level in your bloodstream drops, it won’t be long until you’re experiencing withdrawals.
On the other hand, if you’re vaping a liquid without nicotine then naturally you won’t experience any of these withdrawals – instead, you’ll be vaping purely for the enjoyment factor.
With all that said, keep in mind that if you’ve been vaping an e-liquid which does contain nicotine then suddenly switching to a vape without nicotine won’t automatically eliminate your cravings. You probably knew that already but we thought it was worth mentioning just in case!
Tips for Vapers Looking to Go Nicotine-Free
Nicotine withdrawal is characterised by a number of negative side effects. These include cravings, anger/irritability, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, anxiety and even depression.
If you’re currently vaping an e-liquid which contains nicotine, you’ll need to wean yourself off this before you can wave goodbye to the cravings.
Going nicotine-free may be a challenge, but with some willpower and a little perseverance it can certainly be done. Overcoming your cravings completely can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, but there are some ways to make things easier.
- Gradually reduce the strength of your e-liquid first – This will make things much easier as your cravings will be less severe.
- Choose an e-liquid that can give you a throat hit – This can mimic the sensation you get from your usual e-liquid. Menthol/minty vapes and sour flavours could do the trick, while liquids high in PG will also provide a slight throat hit.
- Make sure you’re using a device that suits you – If you’ve got an e-cig you don’t really enjoy using, once you switch to a nicotine-free liquid you’ll soon realise the only reason you used it was your chemical addiction!
- Stay positive – At times, overcoming your nicotine cravings may be a challenge. Remind yourself why you’re going nicotine-free and it should motivate you to keep going. Remember, positivity is key.
Nicotine-Free Vaping for Those Who Don’t Vape or Smoke
As well as smokers and those who already vape, there are some that have never done either who are still interested in no-nicotine vaping. These people are usually drawn to the thousands of amazing flavours on offer, which can make vaping incredibly appealing.
Before taking up vaping as a hobby, there are a few things you should remember.
- Never vape any e-liquid with nicotine – This type of e-liquid is intended only for smokers/ex-smokers to help them quit. If you aren’t addicted to nicotine then you should never vape it
- Vaping isn’t 100% safe – Although e-cigarettes are at least 95% safer than combustible tobacco products, they aren’t completely risk-free so this is something you should consider beforehand
- You need the right kit – When you first take up vaping, you’ll need the correct kit. This makes finding your bearings and getting used to your new hobby as straight-forward and hassle-free as possible. We have a range of excellent starter kits that serve this purpose.
Vaping for Smokers
If you’re a smoker then vaping is a great way to finally kick cigarettes into touch. Not only is vaping far less damaging to our health than smoking, but e-cigarettes are proven to be hands down the most effective stop-smoking aid on the market.
The only issue with using a vape without nicotine if you’re a smoker is your cravings won’t be satiated. This is why we always advise smokers to start off on quite a high-strength liquid before gradually reducing their nicotine content. After a few months you may be able to drop right down to the lowest strength available (3mg), at which point you should be ready to go nicotine-free.
So that’s pretty much everything there is to know about nicotine-free vaping. If you came here because you were wondering, is nicotine-free vaping addictive, hopefully you now have all the answers you were looking for.
We stock a wide selection of nicotine-free e-liquid, so for some of the most delicious flavours on the market take a look at what we currently have in stock. You won’t be disappointed!