How to choose the best e-cig for you
This is your guide on starter e-cig kits, mods, pods, and more.
What type of e-cig should I choose?
The bare minimum parts of an e-cig are:
- Cartridge, pod or tank to hold the e-liquid
- An atomizer to vaporise the e-liquid
As you move up through the models though, there are more parts (some of which are replaceable) and sophisticated microprocessors.
There are a variety of e-cigs on the market, but they roughly fall into 3 categories: cigalikes, pens and mods.
1) Cigalikes are the most basic of e-cigs. As the name suggests, they look like conventional cigarettes but with a small cartridge of e-liquid in place of the filter. The battery and atomiser will be built into the device and won’t be replaceable.
They offer only simple functionality, you won’t be able to replace individual parts and most vapers would only use them as an emergency back-up.
2) Pens are the next step up from cigalikes. They offer greater performance and more functionality, including higher wattage and some replaceable parts.
Their sleek design, ease of use and ability to take higher strengths of nicotine make them ideal for those new to vaping or looking to use vaping to quit smoking.
The Innokin Endura T18E
Easy to use, easy to fill, easy to maintain and reliable for the ultimate hassle-free vaping experience.
3) Mods will give you the best vaping experience but are more expensive than the other two types. You’ll find digital displays showing wattage, battery life, etc., customisable functions, upgradeable firmware and replaceable tanks, coils, wicks and batteries.
The wattage of mods will also be user-adjustable and go much higher compared to cigalikes and pens. If sub ohm vaping is something that appeals to you, then mods are really the way to go.
Sub ohm vaping means using coils with a resistance of less than 1 ohm, usually combined with high wattage. The result is large plumes of vapour with enhanced flavour.
Many vapers will choose mods which support rebuildable atomisers (RBA) to install their own self-built coils and wicks.
VOOPOO Drag 2 Platinum
We love the Drag and its successor the Drag 2 but now the Drag 2 Platinum is here boasting even better performance and a host of upgraded features.
Compact but packing a strong punch, the SMOK R-Kiss gives you a lot of bang for your buck!
That’s everything you need to know!
If you are unsure about anything, please feel free to get in contact.
Always read the warning label before use and seek medical advice if you have any pre-existing conditions.